The Victoria was built in 1888 by John Mckleroy former school superintendent and two time governor candidate as a home. The house was turned into an Inn by Earlon McWhorter in three phases in 1986, 1988 and 1996 before he donated it to Jacksonville State University Foundation.
The Victoria Inn and Restaurant is reportedly haunted by a woman. A piano has been seen and heard playing by itself, the sound of glasses clicking together has been heard in the bar and footsteps on the stairs have been heard. The ghost of a woman has been seen on the upstairs landing.